If your family situation is simple, a simple will may be all that you need.
Here are two low cost online solutions to consider.
Basic, simple wills work best if –
- You intend to give your entire estate to your spouse if they survive you, and your children equally if your spouse has predeceased
- Your spouse is also the parent of all of your children
- None of the beneficiaries (spouse or children) is disabled
- You are not estranged from any of your children
- You do not own any property outside Ontario
- You do not own a business or shares in a private corporation
- All beneficiary designations (TFSA, RRSP, RRIF, life insurance) are in favour of your spouse or your estate (not a child or other person)
- Your house and bank accounts are owned either solely by you or jointly with your spouse (no joint ownership with a child or person not your spouse)
If these do not all apply, consult us.
For very basic, simple wills we recommend that you consult a local lawyer or try one of the online services WILLFUL or LEGALWILLS.CA: